[WriteLog] Two apps on ONE soundcard?

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Two apps on ONE soundcard?
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 04:54:47 +0000
I am confused.

On this new XP Home computer I am setting up I seem to have two independent
soundcard apps running SIMULTANEOUSLY on one soundcard.

Writelog 10.52f's soundcard "RTTYrite" RTTY Decoder and a standalone
instance of MMTTY 1.65B.

Current versions of these apps don't "hog" the card anymore?

I haven't done any tricks like having one on left and the other on right. I
see the MMTTY is on MONO input - don't know what the RTTYrite is set to.

I recall this was a no-no a year ago with versions I was running then, and
I always got the error "sound card in use" or something similar if I tried
to start a second app.

Anybody?

Jerry W4UK