Re: [WriteLog] Sound Board Voice Keying and the 1000mp Mark V

To: rmthorne@cox.net, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Sound Board Voice Keying and the 1000mp Mark V
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:32:02 EST
In a message dated 2/27/2005 8:52:19 AM Central Standard Time,
rmthorne@cox.net writes:
I'm playing around with my new to me Mark V and Writelogs voice keying
via the sound board.

I've noticed that when I hit shift+Fkey to record a voice message that
the rig goes into transmitt.  I do have comm ptt selected under port
setup.  However, I would think the rig should not go into transmitt
while I'm recording a cq or exchange ect.

Is this the way it works or do I have something setup wrong?
Rich;

I am not sure if it is supposed to work this way or not but the behavior on
my FT1000D is exactly the same.  I just turn the drive down when I record a new
message.

73,

AL, K0AD