[WriteLog] WriteLog and Updates

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog and Updates
From: <n7jb@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 02:58:56 -0000
K5DJ and W5XD do exemplary work with WriteLog.  It's an excellent contesting
program.  No matter what they do, or don't do, no one will ever be 100%
satisfied.  I like to get on and make a few contest Q's, so for me, it suits
my purpose fine.  For the SO2R and more sophisticated contesters that
constantly desire to push the envelope for new features, I'm sure there will
always be ---something--- that could be added.  Alternatively, if it were a
perfect program, now wouldn't that be boring?

I had problems making my PK-900 work with WriteLog on RTTY.  I searched the
archives until I found the answer.  Had I not, I would have sent an e-mail
to the WriteLog list asking for assistance.  Finally, if I ever have a
serious criticism with WriteLog I would not post it to the list.  At least I
would first contact the proprietors directly with positive, constructive
criticism before posting to the list.  It is very easy to be critical; it is
more difficult to be constructively critical in a positive fashion.

73,

Jim N7JB