[WriteLog] delay in voice recording

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] delay in voice recording
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:01:16 -0700
Playing around in WPX, using Writelog on SSB for the first time.

I made a recording on the fly for the CQ message, but it has about a 1
second blank space at the front end. When I play the message, it sends
my entire CQ, but there is a 1 second delay before it plays. I was
very quick on the Shift-F2 keys, and tried it several times, but
always got the one second blank space. I trimmed out the blank space
with a WAV editor, and it sounds great now. Why the blank space? Has
anyone else seen this?

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma,  AZ