Re: [WriteLog] Software to share serial port among two applications?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>,"Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Software to share serial port among two applications?
From: "Bob Gates" <regates@kingwoodcable.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:47:41 -0500
Jim-

You might try the following:

http://www.download.com/Franson-SerialTools-SDK/3000-10253_4-10377423.html?tag=lst-0-2

It enables you to add/manage additional virtual ports, etc. and costs $30.
Hope
this helps.

73, Bob W7BJ
  I would like to share a single COM (serial) port between two
  applications (DX4WIN and Writelog), so they can both have access to
  rig control.

  Jozef OM7ZZ sent me a link to a product from Eltima:

     http://www.eltima.com/products/serialsplitter/

  This seems like a rather expensive solution ($100).

  Does anyone have direct experience with this or similar products
  before I go out and spend that kind of money?

  73 - Jim AD1C