[WriteLog] Recording Audio

To: "'WriteLog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Recording Audio
From: <kk9a@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:30:48 -0000
I've been recording the audio with Writelog for the last few years by using
a simple stereo cable from the AF Output jack on my Yaesu FT-1000MP-Mark-V
to the Line-In on my sound card.   This set up basically works, however some
QSO's don't get recorded, such as when I work split on 40m and listen on VFO
B or make a QSO on a second radio.  I would like to try recording from my
headphone jack so what ever I hear is recorded.  For now, I would like to
record on a lap top which only has a mic input.   The headphones are stereo
and I think the mic input is mono.  I would also like to use isolation
transformers.   I'm assuming that you need two transformers, what's the
safest way to convert stereo to mono?  Is the audio level from the headphone
jack too strong for the mic input?

John KK9A / P40A