Re: [WriteLog] IC7400(746PRO) polling

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] IC7400(746PRO) polling
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:25:02 -0000
Jim AD1C advised as below

Well not quite actually, but thanks for the clue Jim. I found that the
default was ON for CI-V Transceive, and that wasn't working. So, what did I
do? I turned it off that's what! From that point WL seems to be following
frequency and mode changes faithfully. So it seems that CT and WL have
different requirements for that ICOM function in the IC7400 (=IC746PRO in
the U.S.). My best guess is that this will affect all ICOM rigs, but who
knows? Don't you just hate it when things like that happen?

Apart from some ghastly 3mm knobs, seems like the 7400 might prove to be a
nifty contest rig. I actually got it for 6&2m capability ( HF is going
South, did you notice yet!), but have presently installed it as the S&P
radio in my SO2R set up. Sort of wish I'd used it in my WPX 15m effort the
other day, where the dense and loud Es signals from Eu would really have
tested the IMD3 performance. Probably won't be another opportunity now until
WAE in August at least, and perhaps not even until CQWW. The book numbers
look quite good, but one always has to prove a pudding. At least on the S&P
radio, it won't be a disaster if it falls over. ( does this bloke always mix
his metaphors?, Ed)

73

Clive
GW3NJW

--- Clive Whelan <clive.whelan@btinternet.com> wrote:

> My IC7400 reads frequency in WL ( using IC746PRO), but more often than not
> doesn't update on tuning, or even changing band. Sometimes it does, others
> not, with no particular logic. Changing Rigpollinterval doesn't seem to
make
> any difference ( default=500 which has always worked fine on Yaesu and
> Kenwood).

Clive, I don't know how Writelog works specifically, but when using CT,
"transceive" mode needs to be enabled.  This causes the radio to "babble"
anytime you turn the dial or change bands.

Look for a setting in the rig's menu for "CI-V Transceive".  If it's off,
set
it to on.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us