[WriteLog] MFJ 1279 card help

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MFJ 1279 card help
From: "Lloyd S. Smith" <nx4w@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 17:44:58 -0400
Does anyone out there have a successful hookup of the MFJ 1279 sound card to
the FT1000MP for FSK RTTY operation?  There is no documentation for this other
than the fact they tell you to use the CW output jack on the MFJ 1279..  I have
run the number 1 (shift) terminal from the back of the FT1000MP along with the
number 4 (ground wire) and it is plugged into the CW jack on the back of the
MFJ1279.  All I get when I transmit is a solid tone without any shifting.  Am I
missing settings somewhere or is my wiring wrong?  I get the tone whether the
FSK line is plugged in to the MFJ1279, or not.

Thanks, Lloyd
NX4W