Re: [WriteLog] WL & DXD Unit Operational Issues

To: <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL & DXD Unit Operational Issues
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:31:36 -0000
<It would be great if someone could develop a simple USB thingy that was
capable of performing this task and rid me of my last LPT remnant.>

Face it people, USB and/or LPT port is just not the way to go for keying. XP
(et al) deny LPT functionality for verrrry good reasons ( a first for MS
btw!).It may work, it may not, but it's fraught with difficulty. You may not
wish to hear this, but serial ports are the only way to go. On desk tops the
problem is a cinch to address. On lap tops, erm no not really, but do ask
yourself why you are using a lap top, and isn't it more trouble  than it's
worth? There's a problem, you just gotta deal with it, life's a bitch
sometimes!

73

Clive
GW3NJW