Re: [WriteLog] SO2R with a FT1000MP and FT1000D

To: Bill Brown <ukbrown@acsol.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2R with a FT1000MP and FT1000D
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:58:20 -0700
I have had some similar problems with an MP and a 930. Top Ten alleged
some kind of low impedance problem on the 930 mic input circuit. I
ended up installing a switch between the Top Ten cable and the 930 mic
connector that switches a small resistor across the mic line. I
experimented to find a suitable value.  In one position I have
ear-splitting, rig-keying feedback on SSB and in the other position I
have a continuous background tone on CW. It is not very satisfying but
it works in single-mode contests. I don't do many multi-mode contests
(The great  CA QSO Party is a notable exception.) so I'm living with
it. This may not be the problem you are experiencing at all, though.

I think the DXD should have opto-isolators on keying and PTT lines and
buffers on the mic lines. I've considered doing this myself but
haven't got a Round Tuit. Surprisingly, I've had no problems with the
audio lines.

/Rick N6XI