Re: [WriteLog] What caused the problem??

To: Dave L Thompson <k4jrb@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] What caused the problem??
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:00:21 -0400
Dave, I really think the answer lies in other contest sponsors doing what ARRL
does, and having the robot verify that the Cabrillo format's "QSO:" lines are
in proper format before it accepts the log.  Of the 4 logs from N1MM Logger
that you sent me as defective, three were the result of operator error (an
improperly specified Sent Exchange). One appeared to have been tinkered with by
word processor, since all the data were there, in the right order, but the
number of spaces between data fields were wrong.  The first three errors were
obvious, and could have been caught if only the ops had looked at them before
submittal; All four could have been caught automatically at log submission
rather than 4 months later, and the contest manager could have been spared an
awful lot of work.

73, Pete N4ZR