[WriteLog] WriteLog K7C WL_CTY.DAT File

To: "Bill" <ak0a@kc.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog K7C WL_CTY.DAT File
From: <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 8:17:30 -0500
Hi Bill, To add K7C to the Kure Island county list is easy:

Go to the Writelog directory on your computer, usually at
\ham\programs\wl_cty.dat.  Open the wl_cty.dat file with notepad (do not use
Word).
Use the dropdown Edit menu open find.  Put Kure in and it will find the listing:

Kure I.:                  31:  61:  OC:   28.40:   178.40:    11.0:  KH7K:
    AH7K,KH7K,NH7K,WH7K,K7C;
American Samoa:           32:  62:  OC:  -14.30:   170.80:    11.0:  KH8:
    AH8,KH8,KS6BK,KS6CQ,KS6EL,KS6FL,KS6FO,KS6FS,NH8,WH8;

Add as I have done here, K7C after WH7K.  Make sure you have a comma before and
the semi after.

Close notepad and save.

Next goto Start/programs/Writelog and choise "Convert CTY to Writelog" program.
 Hit OK to start it.  When it finish, your finish.  BTW if you want to run the
program from the WL directory it is called "reacty32.exe".

All of this is explained in detail in the on-line help within WL.  Look in the
help index under:
"Customizing the DXCC List with CTY Files". (RTM).

Also a BIG Thanks to ADIC who keeps the CTY data file uptodate.

Hope this helps and if you have any improvements to this process please let me
know.

73 Joe K0BX

BTW it might be a good idea to get the lastest copy of the WL_CTY.dat file
before you make the modification.

it is located at:

http://www.k1ea.com/cty/index.htm