Re: [WriteLog] New Computer

To: Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] New Computer
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 18:52:25 +0000
I am delighted with the two Compaq SR1300nx Sempron machines (XP) I
bought this past spring. The fact that I got them for less than $360
each (plus sales tax) AR including monitors made them particularly
sweet. I discussed the processor and sound card performance here when
they were new, I think (or perhaps it was on the RTTY reflector).
Search the archives.

I seem to have better performance under XP with WL than I did with
WIN98se. More stable, and DLPORTIO works FB for antenna control
through LPT1. Additional cheapie I/O card for serial ports and video
card from COMPUSA for a 2nd monitor work FB also. These are networked
for SO2R, so no RAID needed.

I haven't seen any XP problems of any kind here, to my surprise.

Jerry W4UK