[WriteLog] Writelog with Microham USB-YS Interface and FT-1000D

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog with Microham USB-YS Interface and FT-1000D
From: "Jim Dunbar" <jdunbar28@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:17:29 -0700
Hello,

I recently installed Writelog 10.55d on my Windows 2000 laptop for use with
my FT-1000D.

I have a Microham USB-YS Interface box that connects to the CAT DIN jack on
the FT-1000D.

The other end of this interface connects USB to my Windows 2K Dell Latitude
computer.

The Hardware Manager / Device Manager in my Windows 2K laptop show that the
MIcroham USB-YS interface installed as a device in the USB device list.

The only comm. Port on my laptop is Comm 1, and although an active comm.
Port, it is currently not being used.

When I launch Writelog and go to the Port configuration area, I am able to
Select FT-1000D adjacent to the COMM 1 line, however, it is a comm virtual
comm. Port mapped to the USB-YS interface that is needed, so that the CAT
jack will send frequency data over to Write Log.

So, right now, I have a good serial port on Comm 1, and I have a properly
installed USB-YS interface device, however, I don't have any mapping from
either COMM 1,2,3,or 4 for my USB interface.

It used to work, however, I am not sure why not now, unless there has to be
a special edit made to the Writelog.INI file??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

K4PV