Re: [WriteLog] Changing contest modes

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Changing contest modes
From: "Byron Lichtenwalner" <w3wkr@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 07:07:13 -0400
Hi Bill
I do this all the time switching between RTTY and CW.

When I started using Writelog, Don, AA5AU, was suggesting that new users of
Writelog use it all the time for general logging.  I have done that ever
since.

The only difficulty I find is that my programmed message is set for a 599
signal report, and DX stations expect 5NN to save time.  Guess I will have
to put a shifted Report key in for 5NN!

For RTTY I receive with MMTTY, and use an old PK900 to make the conversion
from serial data output to key the transceiver in FSK mode, and let the
computer generate the CW keying to the cw input on the transceiver.

Byron, W3WKR