Re: [WriteLog] Need help with Icom IC-746pro and interface cable

To: <writelog@contesting.com>, <n5ohl@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Need help with Icom IC-746pro and interface cable
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 07:48:11 -0600
With the newest versions of Writelog, you do NOT need to
change the default CI-V addr on the 746PRO, because the
746PRO is listed on the Writelog Setup/Ports menu.
I run mine with the default of 66h, and it works fine.

DO check the CI-V baud rate (menu item # 36 on the 746PRO),
and make sure it matches what is set in Writelog.  (I run mine
at 9600).   "AUTO" may or may not work properly.  To get
it running, hard-code the baud rate (both on the rig and in WL).
After it is working and if you still want to experiment with AUTO,
then that is fine.

Further notes on WL / 746PRO along with a couple of
pictures of my WL setup/ports screen can be seen at
www.qsl.net/n0rq/writelog.htm

- Dave N0RQ