Re: [WriteLog] 73 De NG1I

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 73 De NG1I
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 05:28:19 -0000
Frank, WriteLog is a great program and well worth the money. It is a contest
logging program. I think there is a "Dx pedition mode" that I really haven't
researched. Usually, contest programs do well at logging, and all the other
things contest programs do. The other category is what I refer to as "daily"
logging programs. They do well at keeping track of your Dxcc, WAS and
whatever. There are some that have a "contest mode", but IMO they are not
contest logging programs. Apples and oranges sort of situation IMO. I think
a lot of daily loggers will let you import your contest log in ADIF format
into your daily logger. I've never had any problems with WriteLog that I
didn't cause myself. And I'd never refer to it as buggy. A lot refer to
buggy software because they have failed to RTM. I don't think you can do any
better then WriteLog, especially if you plan on Rtty contesting.

73, Mike K9MI