Re: [WriteLog] The QTC after a contact situation

To: pcooper@guernsey.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] The QTC after a contact situation
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:28:10 +0000
At 18:48 11/16/2005, you wrote:

>As for dupes, I am not too worried by them, but I prefer to keep my log
>looking as neat as possible.
>It is a personal choice for me, and yes, my log will occasionally record a
>"dupe", where, for example, a QSO was not completed due to QRM/QRN/QSB.
>However, I have no desire to have a log splattered with DUPE's just because
>it is easier to do so.

I know your comments concern mainly QTC traffic, but if you are
speaking to general contesting as well, how can you possibly know
which of the two Qs will "connect" with the other guy's log when they
both get to the contest committee's log checker. The only safe way I
can think of is to accept his "dupe", log it , and go on. If you
remove his second Q, you may be giving both of you a NIL penalty - he
is NIL on the first Q, and you are NIL for the second.

Concerning the QTC traffic, I accepted a batch from a fellow who I
had already worked. I knew it would be a dupe Q but asked for a
serial nr for it. He told me that I didn't need it, that the QTCs
would be FB without it. I guessed he knew what he was talking about
(I am QTC rookie) - it seemed to work OK - they are in my reported
log AOK. I did not remove his callsign from the Q window when I hit
the log key. WL accepted it all OK without a serial nr entry.

Jerry W4UK