Re: [WriteLog] PCI Sound Board Recommendation

To: "'Jerry Flanders'" <jeflanders@comcast.net>,"'K7ZO (Scott Tuthill)'" <k7zo@cableone.net>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] PCI Sound Board Recommendation
From: "Ric Plummer" <ricp@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:21:06 -0500
With respect to sound cards:

I just bought a new HP with XP Media Center with the same ( 6b) problem.
I tried an external USB ( Creative SoundBlaster Live External ) and it was
also only 6b
but, I could record and playback fine with it, but couldn't use it for any
sound input other than mic.

2nd - when I put a PCI card in, I had to go into the BIOS and tell the on
board to Enable
( it was set to auto and that made it go off line when I put the other in.
Now both are working fine.

the PCI one, that works fine in all respects, is a Creative Ensoniq. A bit
old, needed new drivers, but works fine and has plenty of mic gain to use
the Heil boom mic.

So, there's a few more pices of info

Regards

Ric KV1W