[WriteLog] ARRL RTTY Roundup questions...

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] ARRL RTTY Roundup questions...
From: Tim Gardner <n9lf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:20:44 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

The RTTY Roundup is next weekend. This is one I have
not worked before, and after reading the rules, I have
a question or two.

Despite the contest name, the rules permit "RTTY,
ASCII, AMTOR, PSK31 and Packet".   Now it seems to me
that there is likely to be very little contest activty
on anthing except PSK31 & RTTY, but I'm willing to
make contacts anywhere I can. Is there enough activity
on the other modes to make it worth the effort of even
trying?

If so, any ideas or suggestions on how to deal with
the other modes in Writelog?  Do you just use whatever
s/w works to make the contact, then enter the QSO into
Writelog?  If so, how do you differentiate the various
modes?

Ultimately, one must merge all QSO data into a single
file to make up a Cabrillo log.  I can do this by
hand, but (obviously) would prefer WL or some other
tool to do the work.  Comments, anyone?

Thanks for any/all advice.

Tim - N9LF