[WriteLog] RTTY help needed

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY help needed
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:53:45 -0900
Trying to get WL going on RTTY for the first time with the MTTY plug-in.
I'm following the steps in AA5AU's tutorial and hitting the wall on the ComM
port designation.  I'm going to run AFSK as I can't seem to get FSK running
correctly (another story).  I'm using a laptop running WinME through a
Rigblaster Plus using serial comm ports.  MMTTY stand alone receives audio
through the soundcard and keys the radio through Comm1 just fine.  However,
after installing MMTTY Plug-in and trying to tell RTTYrite to use Comm1 port
I get the Comm port not available error.  This is because Comm1 was
previously setup in WL to key CW through my IC-756 Pro, which also works.
Don's tutorial says there is a conflict in the port assignment and to go to
Setup/Ports and click on the bottom radio button in the CW column to free up
Comm1 for MMTTY's use.  However, when I do this and click the OK button, the
Rigblaster Plus immediately goes into transmit and keys up the radio.
Nothing I do will stop the key down condition.  Exiting WL will sometimes
release the Rigblaster, but sometimes even this doesn't work and the
computer is apparently keeping the Rigblaster keyed.  In this case I have to
reboot to make the computer drop the signal to the Rigblaster.  I did change
a jumper block inside the Rigblaster when trying to get FSK going to enable
PTT on RTS and both DTR and TXD on key.  Might this be the problem?

Anybody got a clue what may be wrong and what I should do to fix it?  I'm
stuck!
Gary AL9A