Re: [RTTY] 756p2, rigblaster pro, mmtty

To: "'Ian'" <ik7565@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 756p2, rigblaster pro, mmtty
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:17:24 -0600
Crap, I just re-read this and you said you didn't get the com working
through the rig.  Hummm.. Ok, you said you had rig control set to 64h in
mmtty.. Was that writelog?  Disable computer rig control in mmtty, don't
want that!  Could be the issue.  Rig control is ONLY in the setup/ports of
Writelog.  A note here.  Now I've got a pro2 and a pro3, but I changed the
hex address on the 3 to 64 h and selected the pro2.  Go into the rig menu,
set the baud rate for 9600, not auto.  Set the Writelog program for 9600, no
higher and not auto.

I learned a couple of things about the rig control.  The pro2 and pro3,
although they can be set for auto baud, are not very good at "renegotiating"
their speed.  In a greed rush, I set Writelog for 19200, and it would work
just fine.  However, if I exited writelog and got into either Dxkeeper OR
ACLog (my old logging program), rig control would not function until I
turned off the rig and turned it back on.  This forced it back into the
autobaud routine or whatever its called, and it would work fine.  I could
exit DXKeeper, get into wl and it still worked fine.  Get out of wl and back
into dxk, and nothing.  Setting the rig to 1 baud rate and sticking with it,
and then setting all of the other programs to the same speed, cleared that
problem right up.

The other note is that Don sent me an email asking about how I got comptt to
work with an Icom.  I just turned it on.  It works, does in my Pro2 and my
Pro3.  The command is in the command set, so I guess it's always worked.
There's also a RIT clear command, but its kinda hazy as to what it may or
may not do.  Wayne may have a better undertanding of it, but Command 1A Sub
Command 0565 states that its "Send/read quick RIT/(delta)TX clear function
(0=off, 1=on)"  I don't know if this means there's a RIT clear command in
the icom or not, but sounds like it.  If this is true, I'd sure like this to
be added to the rig control command set for the Pro2 and Pro3 so that we can
use it just like we did on the Kenwoods and Yaesus.

Charlie
KI5XP