Re: [WriteLog] "Cant create packet OLE Automation Objekt"

To: "'..::Lars Lindahl::..'" <lars@wasatrafik.se>,"'WriteLog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] "Cant create packet OLE Automation Objekt"
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:46:58 -0600
Try searching the WL Reflector archives at
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/WriteLog/ for "Packet OLE".  There
are 95 entries to sort through.  If you are running WL with DXTelnet, the
following may help.  If not, disregard.  I'm not sure why an upgrade would cause
this to happen.

The only instance I have seen this is when configuring WriteLog to work with
DXTelnet and DXT2WL.EXE has not been run or and did not register in the system
registry properly.

If you are trying to configure WriteLog to work with DXTelnet you have to run
DXT2WL.EXE from its location at C:\DXTELNET\DXT2WL\DXT2WL.EXE.

You then have to add the following line in the writelog.ini file under the
[OBJECTS] section:

pktObject=DXT2WL.clsWlPacket

And you have to configure DXTelnet.  There are two pages on the web concerning
configuring WriteLog with DXTelnet on a single PC.

http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/dxtelnet.htm

http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/dxt.shtml

And there is a tutorial on rttycontesting.com that is not visible from a link,
but it's on running WL with DXTelnet over a LAN.  It also has some good
information about WL and DXTelnet.  It's at
http://www.rttycontesting.com/dxtelnet.html and can answer some questions.

73, Don AA5AU