[WriteLog] Comm 4 conflict was preventing radio control from beingsaved

To: ve3gsi@canada.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Comm 4 conflict was preventing radio control from beingsaved
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:54:59 EST

In a message dated 1/25/2006 9:25:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ve3gsi@sympatico.ca writes:

This next question  is far fetched, do you have an ATI video card? Reason, at
one time ATI did use  one part of the address of Comm 4. I don't believe they
do any longer, but  moving off of Comm 4 may work for just that reason.

Also try deleting  all the virtual ports and retry or even move them up above
Comm 4. I seem  to remember someone on the microHAM reflector solving a
problem by deleting  all virtual ports and starting again. As you have already
discovered you  have to add the commslot statement in writelog.ini for each
communications port above Comm 4 and rig polling must be checked in  WriteLog.

Good  Luck,
Eric.

Eric,

YOU, MY MAN, ARE A HERO!!!

I did as you suggested and moved radio control off of comm 4.  I moved  radio
control to comm 5 and cw control to comm 6, and WALLA it worked.   Writelog
now saves the radio control settings when I reboot WL.

There must have been some sort of conflict with comm 4 in this  laptop
(Toshiba Satellite L25).  It does use an ATI video card, but I  have no idea if
it
was creating the conflict with comm 4.  Certainly,  something was conflicting
with comm 4.

Ron, you might want to pass this along to Wayne, and even put something in
the Help file about possible conflicts with comm 4.

Thanks so much, Eric, for coming thru on this one!

73, George

George  Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9420
941-400-1960  cell