Re: [WriteLog] Locking up during a contest..

To: <n8ie@woh.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Locking up during a contest..
From: "Magnus A" <sm6wet@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 05:04:37 -0000
Some people get luck when upgrading their mouse and keyboard to wireless
keyboard and mice.
On the other side some of the wireless keyboards and mice may cause QRN but
it is worth a try.

I myself have a similar problem although my rf does not come in that way, my
80m antenna is so close to my 10-30 antennas so when using a amplifier it
locks they automated keying if using an amplifier.
That is, if I use more then 2-300W on 80m It is ok if I use my keyer but if
I use WL to send automated text mesages and will just key a single tone that
will not go down unless I turn down the power.
My solution was easier then a new keyboard or mouse. All I have to do is
turn my antennas in the 240° direction, that is all that has to be done.

73 and GL DX and Contests de Magnus SM6WET, 8S6T, ZK1WET