Re: [WriteLog] International DX Cut Number Exchange

To: ve3gsi@canada.com, "WriteLog e-Group" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] International DX Cut Number Exchange
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:56:00 -0500
At 10:36 AM 2/18/2006, Eric - VE3GSI wrote:

>Almost all of the DX stations send CUT numbers for the exchange and Writelog
>will accept them. The dumb question is, do I copy them verbatim or enter the
>exchange as proper numbers? Is a way I am asking does the log checker guys
>care?

Never log a cut number.   Always translate them.  The rules say log
the power received, not an abbreviation for the power received (same
goes for RST).  The only exception is K or KW for 1000, that seems to
be accepted by the log checking software.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us