[WriteLog] Red Bs, Xs, and freq reading errors

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Red Bs, Xs, and freq reading errors
From: DBellW6AQ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 00:38:41 EST
Because the readout of my frequency from the PRO III is sometimes incorrect
on the Writelog screen (using a microKEYER also incidentally), when I enter a
QSO, it's sometimes on a bizarre frequency like 486200 when it should be
14185  for instance.  I can correct the frequency, but the red B stays,
allowing
no points.  It is not an RFI problem.

Also, for no known reason, a red X appeared next to a sequence #.   It's
probably in the Help file, but I can't find it.

Is the "jittery" frequency a problem with the PRO III, Writelog, the
microKEYER, or the combination?

Any help will be appreciated.

73, Dave, W6AQ