[WriteLog] WL LPT Range

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WL LPT Range
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 23:07:03 -0400
Hello,

Will WL support a LPT with Resource Setting in the BCD0-BCD7?

The reason for the question is that I've been trying to get a PCI board
with a parallel port in a new Dell (no LPT on the motherboard) running XP
to be recognized by WL without crashing Direct I/O.  The same PCI board has
a pair of serial ports (Com 5 and Com 6).

With Direct I/O setup to use the BCD0-BCD7 values and WL.ini with
LPT1=BCD0xBCD7, Direct I/O crashes when WL is started.  The Windows error
message is "Windows-Fatal application Exit  The resources requested are
already claimed by another driver.  Direct I/O cannot be started."

Also, when WL is brought up another alert is displayed: "Writelog Comm port
Com5: not available.  Insufficient system resources exist to complete the
requested service."  Comm 5 has Resource Settings in the BCC8-BCCF range.

The LPT Ports settings are grayed out.

Michael Paule, Direct I/O, said Direct I/O should handle the BCD0-BCD7
range, but WL may not be able to recognize LPT within that range.