Re: [WriteLog] lpt port setup

To: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] lpt port setup
From: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 18:31:03 -0700
It depends on your OS. When I ran Win 2000 I used UserPort which was free or
shareware, I don't recall which. I suspect it also works with NT but haven't
tried it. When I moved to Win XP a year or two ago I had to swithc to
Direct-IO because at the time UserPort didn't work with parallel ports on
XP. The author said at that time that he hoped to update UserPort later. I
haven't checked back. Direct-IO had a mandatory (but reasonable) fee. I
happily paid the authors of these fine products for their work.

GL & 73,

/Rick N6XI