[WriteLog] Repost about TCP/IP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Repost about TCP/IP
From: Charles Morrison <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:43:31 -0500
Sorry about the previous post, fat fingered the keyboard.

No one replied to my last email message about WPX and 10.59d, but did anyone
else have the tcp/ip networking problem?  With 3 computers networked, 2 2000's
and 1 XP home, the main run radio would puke and give a
writelognetworksomething another .exe error and quit.  I'd have to stop the
network connection and re-register and reconnect again.  Then it would do it
again.  Finally I went in and changed all networking to Netdde and started the
dde services on the XP laptop and didnt have a problem for remainder of the
contest.

I didnt notice the switch going crazy or not, didnt see the bandmap flickering,
but the fact remains that with IP, it would crash about every 30 minutes or so,
and with netdde, it didnt.

Anyone?

Charlie
KI5XP