Re: [WriteLog] Writelog on fresh W2K

To: <hank.kohl@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog on fresh W2K
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 04:53:46 -0000
"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for
this
install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support personel or
package
vendor."

It has been quite a while since I have dealt with Windows 2000 (most hams
went straight from Win 95/SE/ME to XP without a stop at W2K), so I am not
certain. But I suspect you need the Microsoft Installer upgrade. One is
mentioned on writelog.com for Win95 users:
http://www.writelog.com/downloads.htm, and I started there and came to this
page for Windows 2000:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5FBC5470-B259-4733-
A914-A956122E08E8
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5FBC5470-B259-4733
-A914-A956122E08E8&displaylang=en> &displaylang=en

Upgrade to SP4 and MSI installer 3.0 and suspect you'll be OK.
Wayne