Re: [WriteLog] Serial Port Choppy CW

To: "'Ford Peterson'" <ford@cmgate.com>, <writelog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Serial Port Choppy CW
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:33:11 -0400
Ford writes:

> We had Ralph-K0IR here this past weekend.  They used those $99
> MicroHam USB port boxes at PeterI and just loved them.  It
> may be the only way to go if you intend to keep WL as the log
> of choice.

The Peter I team had around a dozen of the microHAM microKEYER
interfaces ($259) and not any of the "$99" boxes as far as I know.
Some of the Peter I operators took their own radios (IC-7000/IC-706)
with microHAM USB Interface II ($119) units to CE0Z before the Peter
I operation.

The USB Interface II works quite well with Writelog for radio control,
"PC generates" CW and AFSK RTTY.  It does not support DVK or FSK.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America
       http://www.microHAM-USA.com