Re: [WriteLog] Antenna Question

To: Paul@ProHomeInspector.net, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Antenna Question
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@iowadsl.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 18:15:54 -0500
I have had a TH5 up for 15 years. The only problem I have had is bent
tips on the rear reflector from trees to close (now gone). I will be
replacing the tips & putting it back up after a rebuild this summer.
This is one tough antenna.

OTOH, our club uses an A3S for field day. I know this is the little
brother, but the construction is similar. And it is no comparison
with respect to durability.

At 11:18 AM 7/1/2006, Professional Home Inspections wrote:

>A Hygain TH5-MK2
>

>A Cushcraft A4S
>

>And WHY ??
>

>Paul K2DB
>

>I am leaning toward the A4S

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim@rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.