[WriteLog] MMTTY and Rttyrite locking up

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY and Rttyrite locking up
From: "Dave Ranney" <kt0r@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:38:28 -0500
Hello:

I have a old computer PIII 550 MHz. It has 320 Meg RAM.Running Writelog...The
computer is a Gateway machine.

When I use writelog for RTTY. I have installed the MMTTY plug-in and am using
that.

Just out of the blue RTTYRITE and RTTY Control Panel Locks up. I get windows
error stating that it has preformed a illegal operation or a page fault and the
RTTY windows are closed. I wait a few seconds...Maybe 30 and reopen window and
it seems to work again for awhile until it locks up again. Some times it will
be ok for a few hours and other times it will lock up 10 or more times a hour.
Some times I have to close writelog all together for it to work correctly. I
never seem to have to reboot the machine.

At first I thought maybe not enough RAM, I was only running 128 MRAM. Then I
added a 256 M stick. Same problem. I have searched for the sound card driver
from gateway and have the newest version they have. Still same problem. I am
pretty sure not a RF problem. It happens at all power levels and I don't really
seem to have a lot of RF floating around the shack.

Also I have another machine that is a Celeron 450 with 256 M RAM running W2K
and writelog seems just fine running RTTY...I run them side by side for my
SO2R...

I might have to just try installing W2K and going with that.

Any Ideas or help would be great.

Vry 73 Dave KT0R