Re: [WriteLog] K2/XV with Writelog

To: k8dd <hank.kohl@gmail.com>, elecraft@mailman.qth.net,"WriteLog@contesting.com" <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] K2/XV with Writelog
From: "Rajiv Dewan, N2RD" <n2rd@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:16:13 +0000
Symptom:  Freq polling shows wrong frequency and cycles through the bands
  Rig: K2 with the KIO2 and 4 transvertes XV50 thru XV432
Serial port:  4 port PCI card RocketPort

Following Hank's suggetion,  I tried the single COM1 that I have on the
motherboard.  On this the K2 and Writelog work.  There is no problem.

I have not had a problem with any other rig on the Rocketport.  Indeed,
my Yaesu 1KMP has no problem on the very port where K2 does not work.

I also do not have a problem with N1MM logger and any COM port.

Very odd.  It is only the combination of Writelog and the PCI Serial
Ports that have the problem.  With our without the XVs I  still have the
problem.  Essentially K2 - Writelog - PCI Serial Port are a no-go
combination.  Very odd.

Could something in my KIO2 be busted?  Or is it a design issue?  Why
shouldn't K2 work with all logging programs if hooked up correctly?

Thanks,
Raj, N2RD