Re: [WriteLog] computer generated cw....

To: ve2ryy@globetrotter.net, WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] computer generated cw....
From: "Rod Greene" <greene5758@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:37:04 -0700
NOEL -

Check out:

http://k1el.tripod.com/wkinfo.html for more information.

Basically it works with a text string from the software and converts it to morse within the keyer. This eliminates the timing issues found with some operating systems (Windows). The Computer generated CW must go through the timing problems of the OS, etc. Sometimes Comp.CW works okay and sometimes it's choppy or erratic.

Rod W7ZRC

----Original Message Follows---- From: VE2RYY <ve2ryy@globetrotter.net> To: WriteLog@contesting.com Subject: [WriteLog] computer generated cw.... Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:22:23 -0400

Can anybody give me the difference between Computer generated cw...and say for example cw generated by WinKey Keyer....
I was told cw generated by winkey Keyer was better......but there was no reason...
Only better....is easy to easy.....
What are the advantages of using winkey keyers on using standard cw interface made by the computer???
NOEL