Re: [WriteLog] Microham Digikeyer

To: k8fc@k8fc.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Microham Digikeyer
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:17:43 -0500
Joe,
        I haven't used my DigiKeyer in a full CW contest yet, but in my
occasional use of it, there has been no stuttering.  Initially I had a
problem with RTTY and an occasional stutter, but I think the kinks have
been worked out - I played in the NAQP RTTY this past weekend for about 6
hours and never had a problem or a stutter.  Once, the display of sent
text stopped briefly, but I could hear the transmitted data continuing,
and, sure enough, the display caught up after about a 2 second pause.
I'm very pleased with mine, so far.  One question for you - since you're
more of a big CW contester rather than RTTY/digi, why not go for the
MicroKeyer?  Then stuttering wouldn't even be in the equation.

        73,  Duane

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:09:09 -0600 "Joe Wilkowski" <k8fc@k8fc.com>
writes:
> Folks, I have seen a number of comments on the use of the relatively
> new Microham Digikeyer with WriteLog.  I don't believe I have seen
> any comments on how well (if at all) it sends CW in conjunction with
> the WL program.  I currently am using the W5XD/K5DJ Multikeyer with
> the WL software and it works flawless (no stuttering).  I have to
> upgrade the old computer in the shack and I am going to loose my
> traditional serial ports in the process so the Microham Digikeyer
> looked like a good (albeit pricey) choice to fill the bill.  Since
> most of my contest operation is cw, this is a very important feature
> to me. I will no longer be able to use the W5XD/K5DJ Multikeyer once
> I convert to the Digikeyer.  Your comments are appreciated.
>
> Joe K8FC

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas