Re: [WriteLog] LPT1 gone !

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] LPT1 gone !
From: K6VVA <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 22:59:46 -0700
Alan, AD6E, wrote:

 > I've been using this setup for a long time, but as I set up for IARU
just now I
 > see that LPT1 is greyed out in Setup/Ports.
 >
 > I use LPT1 for A/B rig focus and for CW.  This has been working for years on
 > this machine, but now it's gone.  Both COM1 and COM2 work fine so I can see
 > both rigs.  Suggestions?
 >
 > When the machine boots, it does key the rig momentarily so the physical port
 > seems to work.

Sorry you're having trouble, OM.  I hate it when this kinda stuff happens ;-(

1. Have you also tried printing to a printer via your LPT1 port?

2. Could there be an intermittent short or something in one of your cables?

3. Perhaps a driver got corrupted?

4. As a semi-last resort, maybe try re-installing WL?

73...

Rick, K6VVA