Re: [WriteLog] Full installation problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Full installation problem
From: "Tony Wanschura" <tonyjw@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 06:33:22 -0500
I had the same problem.

Below is the message I posted to this reflector a few weeks ago.

The program's authors were informed of the problem directly at that time.

I know of one other person who has had this problem. Only in Win98, maybe?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I downloaded and installed the Windows Installer and unzipped the Writelog
download.

When I clicked on "Setup", I got a message saying that Writelog.msi could
not be found. I was stumped, because I could see the file right there, in
the same directory.

However, when I changed my folder options so I could see the file extension,
I saw that the msi file was actually named writelog.setup_msi.

I changed the name to writelog.msi, and everything worked fine.

I don't know if the filename somehow got changed by my operating system or
if it came that way in the download.

Just a possible "heads up" for others....

73,
Tony / KM0O