[WriteLog] CW Keying

To: "Writelog (E-mail)" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Keying
From: "Rick Stoneking" <w2rds@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 12:30:31 -0400
I have a question regarding the CW keying under XP.  This is not a how do I do
it question - I have set it up and run it successfully with both the UserPort
program and the directIO program.  My question is why does it have to be like
this?

I just replaced my old PII 233 Win98 shack PC with a 3GHz Celeron-D Box running
XP Home SP2.  I do not have the CW keying working yet because the Userport
method does not work on this machine, and I have not downloaded the DirectIO
yet.

But I did install DX4WIN on the new box and it keys my radio just fine!  It
installs a driver vich11.sys (or something like that) and the CW keying is
working without a hitch.  Why can't Writelog do the same thing?

Just curious.

Thanks and 73,
Rick
W2RDS