Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog and RixExpert

To: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog and RixExpert
From: Risto Kotalampi <risto@kotalampi.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:08:59 -0700
Couple of questions:

Which version of RigExpert (plus/SD/tiny?).
What do you want to do exactly? CAT/RTTY/CW keying.

So, this example might not be what you're looking for but this works for
Windows XP, RigExpert SD & getting CAT and CW keying to work. RTTY AFSK
also works with RE dirvers.

You will need REaudio 5 installed for all this.

To get CAT & CW keying working:

Step #1) Look at COM ports, you should find the USB port that is the
RigExpert native USB port

Step #2) Look at device manager at sound, video and game controllers.
You should find "RigExpert Virtual Sound Card", open that and look at
"RigExpert" tab. You should have Virtual COM port the RigExpert is
located as the same you found in step #1, and below that you can set
"CAT port this driver provides for programs". I have it as COM2 so that
WL COM1-4 will work without any extra config entries. Also, I have PTT
output is "activated on wave out" and CW output "CAT port, DTR line".

Step #3) In Writelog, Setup->Ports: you put your rig to whatever COM
port you had defined as CAT port.

I probably miss couple of settings here but this is how I have mine set
and it seems to work fine.

73!

Risto, W6RK