[WriteLog] Band Change window

To: "WRITELOG" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Band Change window
From: "Wayne King" <WKING002@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:16:11 -0400
Hi All,

I wonder if someone can help with this:

We operated M/2 in CQWW RTTY 06' and used the band change window. It does
not seem to work like I thought it would.

The rules state that a 2 transmitter station can make 6 band changes per
transmitter in any clock hour (0 through 59 minutes). However the band
change indicator was acting like any 60 minutes. So if we made our last band
change at 37 minutes after the top of the hour then we would have to stay on
that band until 37 minutes (1 hour) after the top of the next hour.

At least that is how it was behaving to us.  I couldn't find any set-up
procedure to tell WL that we were M/2. We were using ver. 1060.

I know that not many of you operate M/2 and use WL but I thought I would
give it a try here. Maybe my understanding of the clock hour is not correct?

73, Wayne N2WK