Re: [WriteLog] (MORE) Turning off ALL dupe checking in WL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] (MORE) Turning off ALL dupe checking in WL
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:34:10 -0700
FOR: WriteLog Reflector

A modification to my last post since there are those who believe in working
dupes and those who don't.

For SO2R, it is essential to have the flexibility, for example, to have Dupe
Checking enabled ON for the Search & Pounce Radio (band in use), and to have
Dupe Checking turned OFF for the CQ/RUN Radio (band in use).  In this
situation, at least you won't seem as much a LID for calling someone you've
already worked on that band, but if your philosophy is to work any dupes who
call you on the RUN Radio, bada bing, bada boom.  What we are talking about
here is f-l-e-x-i-b-i-l-i-t-y for different operator styles.

The absolute ideal would be a top menu drop down option (accessible via a
hot-key combination), to make quick changes as desired.

In a nutshell:

DUPE CHECKING:
* ALL RADIOS - ON or OFF (Master Override)
* Selective Options: (Overrides above)
* Radio 1 - ON or OFF
* Radio 2 - ON or OFF
* Radio 3 - ON or OFF
* Radio 4 - ON or OFF

IF you swap left/right radio functions (RUN to S&P & Vice-Versa), you still
maintain flexibility and can re-config the Dupe checking options desired.

YES...this is an essential enhancement for operating in the "SO2R ZONE".  I
believe Implementaton would be appreciated by many.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA