Re: [WriteLog] WL Dupe Check & Super Check Partial Enhancement

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL Dupe Check & Super Check Partial Enhancement
From: "Alan Maenchen" <ad6e@inreach.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:30:40 -0700
Let me see if I understand this...

Enter a digit (0-9) would display all calls with that number that are IN THE
LOG at this point .. right?  Not a display of all unworked calls from SPC
which is the norm.  Typing a second character would return the window back
to the normal SPC function... which it already does. The purpose of this is
to quickly identify dupes while S&P.

So if I have 1000 Qs in the log, I might get around 100 displayed calls of
guys I've already worked in alpha order. I don't know how a single digit
would identify K7SS, but if all the worked 7s show up in SPC window, that
would be easy to scan by eyeball.

Locust, that's a great idea!  It certainly pushes the envelope a bit.
I'm not sure how useful it would be for WPX or Sprint, but for SS it would
be a real help. No need to use X keys either .. just type a number in the
call entry field. Simple!

Unfortunately, this may require more than just a line or two of code.

73, Al  AD6E