[WriteLog] SS Packet Posts

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SS Packet Posts
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 20:39:17 -0800
It has come to my attention that apparently some folks wait until they complete
a QSO before making a Packet Post.

Figuring conservatively, if you made 1,000 Q's and 1,000 posts @ 2 seconds each
*after* completing each QSO, you LOST 33.3 Minutes of valuable operating (CQ or
S&P time).

I dunno about the other logging programs, but if you're SO1R, in WriteLog you
simply type CTRL + T and enter the 2 character State or 3 Character Province ID
and press Enter *** WHILE YOUR COMPUTER IS SENDING OUT YOUR EXCHANGE*** !!!!!!!
 No valuable time lost (unless you pick your nose a lot while sending the
exchange).  SO2R ops may have different thoughts.

Above all...PLEASE...INCLUDE THE MULT ID WITH EVERY PACKET POST. {Emphasis
Added/CAPS}

Just because you may think a SS Mult you just worked isn't "rare", it just well
could be for someone else!!!

What goes around comes around.  Including the MULT ID is a win-win situation
for everyone in the game.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA