[WriteLog] %EnableRIT? %SendStringToRig?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] %EnableRIT? %SendStringToRig?
From: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:38:46 -0800
I've been researching a point & shoot problem with the MP - When Writelog
sends a set frequency command to the FT-1000MP, the rig elects to disable
RIT as it sets it to zero. This is annoying so I want to add a command to a
commonly used key (CQ or Pounce) to turn it back on. W4TV explains that "00
00 00 00 09" sent to the MP serial port will do the trick. Now I need to get
Writelog to send it. There is a nice function called RadioClearRIT invoked
by %O. A similar function called RadioEnableRIT invoked by another % code
would be perfect. Lacking that, a % code that sent a following string to the
rig would do the job. Do either of these exist?

Tnx & 73,

/Rick N6XI

--
"In days of old, when ops were bold, and sidebands not invented,
The word would pass, by pounding brass, and all were well contented."