[WriteLog] K2NNY Computer Glitch

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] K2NNY Computer Glitch
From: "Paul Mackanos" <mackanos@rpa.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 20:38:49 -0500

CW SS, A great contest for K2NNY, almost perfect, almost. We had a great
contest and want to thank all who worked us. We did have one problem in the
beginning of the contest and we wanted to do two things here:

1)       Ask for help, as our feeble attempt to link two computers with
Write-log so we could work MO2R was a miserable failure. If you can help us
with that, it would be GREAT!

2)       Because it was a miserable failure, we had 4 qso's that lost the
information. QSO's # 12, 13, 18 & 48. When we discovered the snafu we
immediately stopped our try to work MO2R and link to two computers.

We have already contacted ARRL and explained the situation to the contest
bureau and they say they will not penalize those 4 stations for not being in
our log. We have no idea who you are and we are sincerely sorry for the lost
data. We understand how important it is to work NNY for the sweep and we do
not want anyone to be penalized for our mistakes.

With 4 hours to go, we went to switch bands, the amp arced and POOF, all the
main antennas showed a feed line short. We spent about an hour trying to
find the problem, but with wind, and darkness we gave up and went to back-up
antennas and finished the contest. Murphy did hold us up a bit. Hihi. BTW,
the QSO # we switched antennas on was 911, wonder why that happened!

 Again, Thanks to all who helped us to our best CW SS total ever, and we
look forward to working all of you again on the Phone SS Contest. We will
get the feed line problem fixed before then.

Paul,

K2DB/K2NNY