[WriteLog] K2 Split Triggers Inappropriate Callsign Clearing

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] K2 Split Triggers Inappropriate Callsign Clearing
From: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:33:32 -0800
When my K2 is configured for Split, the call sign in the QSO entry window
gets cleared when either VFO A or B moves the amount specified in the
AutoClearOnTuneMinHz parameter. Thus, it clears the callsign  of a Split
station when I'm searching for the station it is working. This is wrong - it
should clear the callsign only when the receive VFO moves off frequency.
This may be a protocol issue - maybe the Kenwood protocol used by K2 doesn't
identify which VFO is in use? Does anyone know of a work-around or the
likelihood of a fix? Or is there a parameter I can use to fix it myself?

Thanks & 73,

/Rick N6XI