[WriteLog] Sound Card "Splitters"

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound Card "Splitters"
From: "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:29:08 -0500
Sometimes it would be useful to route audio output form the rig to a
"virtual" sound card which directs the outputs to several different
applications.  Some applications work peacefully together, but others
require hey be the only thing on the soundcard output.  In particular I am
finding that several real time software audio spectrum analyzers  I like to
use will not allow other applications to simultaneously look at the sound
card and will not work if another application is already using the card.

Some time back on this reflector there was a discussion of several
applications which essentially did create virtual sound cards.  At the time
I never thought I would need such an application and I can no longer find
the material in the archives.  This probably means I am using the wrong
terminology.  Can anyone on the reflector point me to one of these programs?

Bob W2WG