[WriteLog] COM 1 Access Denied

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] COM 1 Access Denied
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:16:52 -0500
Thanks for all the help.  Its fixed.  Sure enough it turned out to be
something else grabbing COM1 before I could load WL, but I didn't think
anything else was running - wrong.  Windows has a program build in that
allows two pcs to communicate serial port to serial port, if ethernet is not
available.  Hardly anybody uses this little gem anymore, but its in there.
Mine was somehow enabled.  At boot-up, windoze would allocate COM1 to this
modem-like program.  Disabling it freed up COM1 and WL runs fine now.

Hal, N4GG